QA Inspector NDT LVL II
San Diego, CA
Conducts and documents results of inspections on board ship or in shop of in-process work (including work of all sub-contractors) to verify work is performed according to specifications. Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
· High school diploma or GED and safety training.
· At least 5 years of experience in ship building/repair or industrial trades with background in non-destructive testing preferred.
· Must be able to obtain/maintain certification in Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), for Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Liquid Dye Penetrant Testing (PT), and Visual Testing (VT). Must provide proof of prior certification.
· Basic knowledge of shipboard systems, layouts, equipment specifications and drawings.
· Knowledge of trades and various resource manuals, OSHA Safety Regulations.
· Skilled in accurate reading of various measurement and testing instruments.
· Good communication skills, ability to read and understand technical manuals, blueprints, specifications and standards.
· Must be able to access and move around ship safely, work at heights and in confined spaces with limited visibility.
Essential Job Tasks & Responsibilities
· Conducts Non-Destructive Testing, including visual TME for NDT inspections; assists in coordinating government inspections; assists and provides required documentation and routing of inspection report paperwork
· Assists in the development of the Process Control Procedures required by contract specifications.
· Acts as the deck plate liaison and NDT authority between the project and customer representatives during check points on the deck plates.
· Adheres to all PACSHIP organizational policies and procedures.
· Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.